Get a 24 hour delivery!
Real Estate Photography
Get a 24 hour delivery!
Real Estate Listings
GETTING YOUR HOME PICTURE PERFECT READY
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING FOREVER AFTER IMAGES .
My Goal Is To Help Present Your Home In The Best Way Possible. In Order To Give Your Home The Best Appearance These Are The Recommended Guidelines That We Suggest For The Best Possible Results. These Guidelines Are Applicable To Home Showings Also. The Photographers Are Not Required To Do These Steps, We Ask You To Prepare The Home For The Photographer.
THE FIRST TWO ITEMS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT:
- Clean and dust very well
- De-clutter – try to remove at least half the books, toys, keepsakes, awards, ALL family photos, kitchen items, off season clothes (makes closets seem more spacious), etc. This also applies to pieces of furniture in smaller spaces (removing pieces that make a room feel tight or cramped).
- When planning to list your home near any holiday, plan with photography in mind. Either schedule the photography before decorating, or after the decorations are put away. (No matter what holiday, decorations in the photos date the home and your listing).
- Remove any large portrait, photographs or paintings (especially over mantles or in main living spaces) and replace with more neutral art
- Remove and/or secure valuables
- Remove and/or secure medications
- Turn all lights on (it will be the discretion of the photographer which lights should be turned off)
- Replace all burnt out bulbs
- Consider using newer generation fluorescent bulbs that are white-light or daylight in color
- Turn off all ceiling fans (don’t forget to dust these too)
- De-clutter and dust fireplace mantles
- Minimize extra floor coverings – remove small throw rugs (large area rugs are acceptable)
- Clear kitchen counter tops (leave a maximum of only one appliance per counter top area)
- Counter top microwave and toaster oven should be removed
- Remove everything from the refrigerator front and sides (photos, magnets, kid’s art, etc.)
- Remove table coverings, but consider putting out place settings
- Remove garbage and trash cans from sight
- Remove all signs of pets (bowls, bedding, toys, etc. )
- Keep cat litter boxes clean with fresh litter and concealed, if possible.
- Confine the cat, if possible – during showings, avoid problems with potential buyers and allergies; for photography, cats love to get in the middle of a shot composition
- Place toilet lids down
- Clear bathroom countertops of all toiletries (leave only one floral arrangement or house plant)
- Put out your best towels, folded and hung neatly
- Remove items from shower – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.
- Outside the home, remove trash cans, gardening tools, etc. from sight
- Store children’s and pet’s yard toys out of sight
- Neatly coil water hoses
- Open patio umbrellas and set out patio furniture cushions (ensure they are clean)
- If in season, uncover grills, pools, spas, and hot tubs (ensure they are clean)
- Place dogs in the dog run or garage (if in dog run, the animal may need to be moved to the garage/spare room for some exterior photography)
- Sidewalks, driveways, decks, and patios, etc., clear of plant debris and leaves
- Put garage doors down and remove vehicles from the driveway
*For the best high definition photography results, open and raise all window blinds, open all curtains and other window treatments to reveal exterior view (unless there is something outside a particular window that you don’t want shown).
ALL LIGHTS IN THE HOME NEED TO BE ON – Turn off all ceiling fans.